Tuesday, June 17, 2008

week1 =]

There's SATERA!!!





































1. I have a terrible fear of heights. Before doing the ropes course in Ashland, I would take up the offer to be chased by a furious dog rather than bungee jump or go on a roller coaster. When we arrived in Ashland, I had NO idea what was coming. It was almost like a trap. My friend kept reminding me, "You're here now. The bus is probably gone. You can't sit out and no one's ever died here." I was convinced that I can NOT do this. Everyone [[except Mr. Freeman!!]] got in harness and helmets and began by climbing a net up to the first level. I had to keep myself calm, repeating "You aren't going to die La'Risa!" My jitters finally got calmed when our instructor demonstrated how to hang in mid-air then grasp a wire or board with the feet if ever in trouble. My whole team was encouraging too. Everyone was yelling, "come on, you can do it," they offered to go back and help anyone who needed it. We used a lot of strange techniques, even some requiring to back step. In the end, it was all team work, no one was left behind dangling and everyone worked together. When we finally made it to the last course of the second level, my biggest motivation was to get back on land as soon as possible!! I actually skipped the zip line at the end. My team needed everyone to work together and corporate, the last section was not required to work as a team. My guts had enough time being in the air that high. There was no way I could even push my feet to the zip line area. I climbed down the pole using a bole and staples instead. Technically that was the hard way down. I was just happy to see and feel the grass!!






















2. The most challenging part of the ropes course was the floating island and the zip line. My team and I completed the floating island, but I was the only one who climbed down. My mind and guts were screaming "NO, there's no way you are going down that way at that speed!"





3. I learned that sometimes a mission can seem impossible at the first sight, and you might keep telling yourself that it is impossible, but i may never know if I can achieve it unless you take at least 1 baby step onto the platform and go from there. My fear is not totally over, but in a way lessen. This activity wasn't an everyday thing. Until this day, you will never find my bungee jumping or loosing my mind on a roller coaster. I am not to that point yet!



















No comments: