Monday, June 30, 2008

Job shadowing

UNMC

Who knows, I just might change schools. Today I shadowed Sherman P. He informed me about the SMDEP program offered at UNMC. The Summer Medical and Dental Education Program is a 6-week summer enrichment program that offers intensive and personalized medical and dental school preparation. In my opinion, UNMC offers better dental program than Creighton. This program starts June 2, 2009-July 11, 2009. The ones that are eligible are disadvantaged background students who have just completed freshman or sophomore undergraduate years. The required GPA is a 3.0 and SAT at least 950 or ACT at least 20. When we lived on campus for the first week, we shared a building with pre-med students in this program two floors above us.



Today our group also received the Davis-Chambers Scholarship application- only through the Universities of Nebraska. He also shared with us the benefits of the NU-Path (Nebraska University Pre-Admission to the Health Sciences). It pays full tuition scholarship support at and University of Nebraska Campus and allows you for Guaranteed admission to the selected UNMC program upon successful timely completion of their undergraduate paraprofessional program of study. Priority for selection goes first to Nebraska residents and first generation college students.





If I decide to pursue my career in dentistry I will earn my DDS after 4 years. If I happen to drift off to another field of medicine, I will be in luck because UNMC offers 18 different medical programs. Creighton doesn't have that!

No comments: